Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Virgina Trip, Day 2

Friday

Me and Nate woke up around noon and went out with his friend Daniel who is from the area. We got lunch at the Galaxy Diner. Every meal came with a deep fried pickle... It was weird, yet amazing at the same time. My burger had some many different things on it that I didn't actually know what I was drinking and my soda was so huge, that I didn't need a refill. We then proceeded to wander around Cary Street, which is kinda like Newbury Street here in Boston. Me and Nate got a lot of funny looks because we were in shorts and T-shirts because in Virgina, 50 is cold, but to us, it was more than warm enough.

At some point along our travels, Nate lost his phone. They dropped me off back at the hotel and then went to look for it. A little while later, I was informed by the NU Athletics person with us that Nate's phone had been found at the restaurant. I called Daniel to let them know. They get there... wrong place... Nate's brother had taken the message and told us, but it wasn't the Diner, it was a restaurant at the mall we had stopped at on the way back... Nate was not happy with his brother. Nate decided to just go get his phone the next day.

We all then headed over to the Ale House where we were going to have our pregame meal. We were all stuffed in a small room in the basement area. We ate and played darts for a while. Me and Brandon, one of the trumpet players, beat everyone and were crowned champions. (Well, I decided we were champions...) We then headed over to the Richmond coliseum for the game.

We got there early and watched Delaware beat Drexel. We then proceeded to beat James Madison in a game where we dominated most of the game, and while there were a few close points, I felt confident the whole time that we had the game.

We returned to the hotel and proceeded to play card games (hearts and rummy mostly) until we all decided to call it quits and go to bed.

No comments: