Tuesday, January 22, 2008

RIP Heath Ledger

http://omg.yahoo.com/heath-ledger-found-dead-in-nyc-at-age-28/news/5904

In case you haven't heard, actor Heath Ledger was found dead today in his apartment.

I don't know if anyone else was a fan of his, but I was. I especially loved his role in A Knight's Tale and in The Patriot. I am saddened by his passing. He also was playing the part of The Joker in the upcoming Batman movie starring across from Christian Bale. I've heard that his performance is phenomenal and terrifying. It will be a must see, though probably to scary for mom.

This is a very sad moment because he was an incredible actor who was still very much in his prime. If you have never seen a movie that he was in I suggest going out and renting A Knight's Tale or the Patriot.

Of course, as Billy Joel so eloquently said, Only the good die young.

1 comment:

HerMajesty00 said...

Corey,
Ebert wrote a lovely tribute to him. check out the Ebert website. Mel Gibson said some lovely things too. He was so happy working with Ledger in the Patriot.