Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I hate coke-heads

So my roommate and myself were hungry last night around midnight so we decided to walk down to Cappy's, a sub shop just off campus.

Afterwards, as we were walking back, we ran into a man calling himself the One-Armed Push Up Man. He had to arms but does one armed push ups for money. We were a bit skeptical at first, but he asked everyone who walked by who he was and they all knew him and my roommate had heard of him. We walked with him only because he was heading in the same direction we were. the more we talked to him though the more sure we became that he was not only drunk but probably on cocaine as well. We just wanted him to do his push ups and leave but he kept babbling on and on and on and he kept repeating himself. Also, he kept staring at every girl who walked by. Well he finally did his push ups and still wouldn't let us leave so my roommate handed him and ten and then we bolted.

There was a girl standing outside our building on her cell phone and I told her about the strange guy and so she went inside with us. As we started to walk she realized I was in her ethics class and said that was a very ethical thing to do, which we both found to be quite amusing.

I then talked to me R.A. about what happened and he knew who I was talking about and seemed to think he was harmless. He then gave me the NUPD's non-emergency number saying that I could report it if it would make me feel better. I called the police and let them know. They were also very familiar with the One-Armed Push Up Man and said they'd send out a cruiser to find him and make sure he wasn't up to anything.

Man, the people you meet.

No comments: