Thursday, February 12, 2009

Retreat

So I went on retreat over the weekend. I always find it so amazing how you can come back feeling so refreshed and ready to face the world again. The week after you always have such a powerful spiritual high. I managed to get my friend Abbie to come along to our NUlife meeting on Wednesday which was cool. It's so strange to me to have a group of friends who actually think quite highly of you because no matter how you act they know who you truly are beneath that. It really allows you to be yourself. You know that you won't be judged as harshly for things because the people around you also know about your spiritual life and how strong you are in that regard. Their opinions about you are always tempered by that knowledge and it is a truly wonderful thing.

No comments: