Friday, October 12, 2007

College so far

My high school teachers lied to me. Its quite simple really.

Ok, not all of them, but many of them.

They always said how you have to take notes this way, or write like this. I often heard, Corey, if you act this way in college you won't succeed. Well up to this point I've done very well in everything. My tests and papers have been all solid As and Bs. Truth is, I haven't changed anything. I take notes from in class power points, I do my readings (usually), and play videogames late into the night. Ok so theoretically I could be a bit more studious, but that's just not me.

Ok so maybe things will get more challenging as I progress in my education, but for now I stand by my belief that teachers just say stuff to you in school about what college will be like to scare you into doing the meaningless work most teachers assign.

I've lucked out with my roomate as well. Aside from the fact that his girlfriend often calls him at 6 in the morning before she goes to school (hes up cuz he has 8AM classes, I'm not cuz I have 10:30AM classes) I have little to complain about. He's asleep before me, he doesn't brining girls back to a little fun, and he doesn't walk around naked (which apparently has been a problem for some people I know).

things have been pretty good so far, let's see if my luck holds up.

No comments: