Thursday, October 2, 2008

Broomball

I just started playing Inter mural Broomball with some of the girls on the floor and some of ther other friends. We had our first game last night. We lost... It was unfortunate, but very fun none the less. Its all in good fun anyways and I didn't mind that much, since I didn't expect our team to do very well anyways. Our goalie, Steph, had never played goalie for anything before. Also, she had never been on ice before... I don't know how thats possible considering she's from Sandwich, but whatever. I think we wound up losing like 6-2, I didn't pay to much attention to the score. I played center the whole time and feel I managed to get the best out of my line. Our line scored one of our goals and we only allowed 2 goals while we were on the ice. Being the top line center is always fun. We definitely have some things we need to work on, but there was some very promising results as well. I managed to win every face off I took, and i realized that it is very easy to gain possesion of the ball and drive to the net as long as your willing to slide about a bit and run right through the other teams defense (which is generally the girls on the other team). All and all it was fun and we went out to eat after.

Our friend Rocky Slaughter (thats his real name) is a photographer and he came and got some great shots so hopefully I can get those up soon.

I can't wait now for next weeks game.

No comments: